Wednesday, May 16, 2001

 
I'll admit it's a little on the cheesy side, but I really enjoyed watching Crossroads again (it's been 10-12 years since I last saw it). No doubt that Ralph Macchio is a little tough to take, but if you're a fan of the blues you can stomach it. Of course, Ry Cooder's soundtrack makes the movie ten times more likable.

I remember watching this film in the theater during my senior year of high school. As a metal head and a fan of the blues, the Steve Vai vs. Ry Cooder (Ralph Macchio) guitar duel to the death seemed to be written just for me. I also forgot how much I thought Robert Judd's portrayal of the devil, with his huge toothy grin; squeaky, buttery voice and condescending, sarcastic tone seemed to get it just right.

Don't just take my word for it, though, Ebert enjoyed it too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?