Thursday, September 06, 2001

 
While I'm on the topic of mascots...I've only had one uninteresting mascot at the schools I attended. At Frankfort Junior High School we were the Falcons...boring. At James Whitcomb Riley elementary school we were the Poets. We didn't intimidate a lot of people on the gridiron, but we were unique. Finally at Frankfort Senior High School (Yes, FSHS -- Father, Son, Holy Spirit) we were the Hot Dogs...no I'm not kidding. We didn't have the most imposing mascot, but, for some strange reason, we were proud to be able to say, "We are the Hot Dogs!!" I challenge anyone to top that personal string of unique mascots: Poets, Falcons, Hot Dogs, Boilermakers!! If you think I'm making up these mascot names -- then follow the links: Hot Dogs (last sentence on the page); Riley Poets.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?