Tuesday, November 06, 2001

 
I'll have to admit that today as I read aloud the end of Genesis 41 I almost got choked up as I read the words, "And all the countries came to Egypt to buy grain from Joseph, because the famine was severe in all the world."

We've been in Genesis for the last eight weeks in the class that I'm teaching, and I've been carefully showing the men in my study God's covenant as it unfolds and expands from the garden and then on through the lives of Noah, Abraham, Isaac, & Jacob. We have really taken our time and read slowly and deliberately over the promises that God made to Abraham including the promise to bless all peoples on earth through you (12:3). Though that promise will find its greater and ultimate promise in Jesus and his tearing down of the dividing wall of hostility between Jews and Gentiles, it really moved me to read out loud how, even within the book of Genesis, God is already blessing all peoples on earth through a son of Abraham.

We serve a faithful God.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?