Thursday, January 03, 2002

 
Here's the recipe I used for wassail this Christmas. I got the recipe from The Web's Wassail Epicenter.

The Pastor's Wassail

1 c Sugar
4 ea Cinnamon Sticks
3 Lemon Slices
2 c Pineapple Juice
2 c Orange juice
6 c Claret Wine
1/2 c Lemon Juice
1 c Dry Sherry
Boil first three ingredients with 1/2 cup of water for 5 minutes.
Remove lemon slices, any seeds, and cinnamon sticks. Heat the
remaining ingredients until very warm. Do not boil! Combine with the
syrup and serve very warm.


The wassail was excellent, the best I've had in awhile. I highly recommend The Pastor's Wassail, I'm even thinking about making another batch this weekend. I can't use it all the time, however, because I've got to be able to make a non-alcoholic wassail that I can serve to my kids and other non-drinkers.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?