Saturday, June 29, 2002

 

I enjoyed Barlow's customization so here's my own hybrid list...

Name: Chris Smith

Age: 34.

Birthplace: Abington, PA - same as Joel.

Longest Toe: Big toe...I'm no freak!

Number of entries in this "get to know me" list: Way too many.

What I plan to shout at the top of my lungs right as I get off the plane if I ever go to Germany: Heilsgeschichte!!

Number of push-ups I did today: 25

Recurring dream: I'm told that the Indiana High School Athletic Association has discovered that I have about 3 games of high school football eligibility left. I never believe it at first, but am finally persuaded. I move back home, rejoin the team, go to practices and finally get dressed for the game on Friday night. The dream always ends with my coach coming to me right before the starting lineups are announced to tell me that there's been a mistake, I don't have any eligibility left, and therefore, I cannot play.

What I would give $500 for: The opportunity to strap on the helmet and pads again and play middle linebacker for a day. I've got a problem, don't I?!

Have you ever gone skinny dipping? Yep.

One thing I wish I could do: In the words of John Cougar Mellencamp..."play guitar" or in the words of short, rotund, white guys everywhere..."dunk."

Favorite Blog: Often depends on the frequency of posting: Jon, Joel, & Jim are definitely up there.

Favorite movie: Braveheart, Ladyhawke (needs to be reissued with a different soundtrack), The Game, Raising Arizona, What About Bob?

Favorite alcohol: Leinenkugel's Big Butt Beer & Guinness.

Favorite sport to watch: Football. College Football. Purdue Football. Purdue Football when the Boilermakers have a decent team.

Favorite sport to play: Basketball.

Recent Favorite Quote: "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness—all foes to real understanding. Likewise tolerance or broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in our little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime." Mark Twain

Favorite ice cream: It's all good.

Favorite color: Purple - all shades - particularly in nature.

What's your bedtime: Never before 11pm.

Famous person you have met: My best famous person story is that I used to wake up Axl Rose's brother once a week when I was a pledge in my fraternity AND I had a history class in which Axl Rose's dad was one of my classmates. Over the last two years I've had the opportunity to sit and talk with Dick & Lynne Cheney (when campaigning for the White House), I've met John Ashcroft (when he was campaigning for the US Senate), sat in the dugout and talked with Cardinals Skipper Tony LaRussa, and had dinner and attended church with Rams QB Kurt Warner, Brenda & the kids. OK, last encounter, as a 16 year old I waited 30 minutes after a B.B. King concert and got to go back stage and meet him, get his autograph and even eat off of the green room deli tray. Oh, I almost forgot I live next door to Jon Barlow!!!

Do you attend church: You betcha...I even preach sometimes.

Single or attached: Married.

Laser or Ink Jet: I ain't got no money, ink jet.

How many times paddled in school: Twice. First time, told my teacher to "Shut Up" after he called me Christina. Second time, pulled a chair out from under a girl that I liked and she hit her head on the desk behind her...then I denied doing it.

What would you like to change about your pre-resurrection body: Wish I didn't have washboard abs.

What haven't you done for awhile: Snorted jello squares or flossed my nasal cavity with a spaghetti noodle.

How far do you have pi memorized: 3.14

Two Favorite Seinfeld Episodes: 1) Low Talker/Puffy Shirt/Hand model, 2) Mentor/Frank Costanza cooks for Jewish Singles Event.

Baseline or Serve and Volley: Serve and Volley

Favorite Book: Calvin's Institutes aren't too shabby!

Favorite Book You've Never Heard Of: Robert Lupton's Return Flight: Community Development Through Reneighborhing Our Cities.

Book that looks really good on my shelf that I hope doesn't let me down: Frank Senn's The Witness of the Worshiping Community: Liturgy and the Practice of Evangelism.

Favorite Comedian: Heywood Banks.

Crime: In 5th grade I snagged "The Cross and the Switchblade" and "Kids Say the Darndest Things"

Best time in the 400: 52.19

What I did after every 400 I ever ran: Puked like a champ, even when I wasn't one.

Boxers or Briefs: Boxers

Favorite Guitar Solos: Jeff Beck's instrumental "Cause We've Ended as Lovers", Boston - "Hitch a Ride", Stevie Ray Vaughn - all of 'em.

Can you balance a Redox Equation: Uh, yeah...right.

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 220 lbs

Words missed in Spelling Bees: 4th grade - aisle (isle); 5th grade - committee (commitee); 6th grade - won on "assent"; 8th grade - tension (tention, I was thinking of de-tention, which I had just received that day.

Progeny? Yes, three.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?