Tuesday, July 02, 2002

 
You've got to love Robert H. Gundry's titles for his commentaries. Most commentaries are titled something creative like:

The Epistle of James or The Book of Exodus or New Commentary on Genesis.

Gundry is a little more adventuresome/interesting. Look at these titles:

Mark: A Commentary on His Apology for the Cross

or

Matthew: A Commentary on His Handbook for a Mixed Church Under Persecution

but this one takes the cake:

Jesus the Word according to John the Sectarian: A PaleoFundamentalist Manifesto for Contemporary Evangelicalism, Especially its Elites, in North America

By the way, I'll be sticking all three of these on my Amazon Wish List (scroll down 'til you hit the red section in the left gutter), and you all should feel completely welcome to surprise me with one or more of these volumes in celebration of my birthday, or at Christmas, or because you feel sorry for me since I was just wounded (six stitches -- see below) or even for no reason at all ;-)


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?