Friday, October 04, 2002

 
Though I've never lived in or near Wisconsin, I have been a Packers fan from the time I became aware of professional football in or around the mid-70's. By the way, that was the wrong time to become a Packers fan. The glory of the Lombardi dynasty had by then faded and Green Bay teams led by players like David Whitehurst, Lynn Dickey, Terdell Middleton, John Jefferson, & James Lofton were barely able to muster .500 records. But I was no fair weather fan, I stuck with them...even through the bad years. It's only been in the last few years that I've been able to enjoy the Favre era, including a Super Bowl championship. Though this would never have happened in the mid-70's, the Packers were just found to be America's Team according to a survey done by The Harris Poll.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?