Thursday, November 07, 2002

 
I'm headed back to the Purdue vs. Ohio State game this weekend. Beating OSU would be one of the biggest upsets in Purdue history -- I'm not expecting it to happen. However, I saw this story on Yahoo's sports coverage today about Drew Brees' game-winning touchdown pass two years ago, which I was present for, and like the foolish Boilermaker fan that I am, I wonder if we can't pull another rabbit out of our helmets this Saturday.

In case you're unfamiliar with the 2000 Purdue vs. Ohio State game that I'm referring to, read this article to get the game setting, then go to this video clip, that shows the pass. One of the things I love best about the clip is how characteristic it is of Brees as a quarterback. If you watch closely you can see the calm, cool, well-disciplined QB checking three other reads before he finds his fourth option receiver wide open behind the defense for a touchdown. Dawn & Jason...enjoy!


By the way the site with the video clip has Purdue football video clips from 1978 all the way up to the present, among which is another of my favorite Purdue football moments, which I was also present for, Jimmy Smith's 1st quarter kickoff return for a touchdown against John Elway and the Stanford Cardinal in 1981. Purdue won that day, too.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?