Thursday, September 11, 2003

 
I've got something blogworthy so I'll hop back into the blogosphere.

With today being the two year anniversary of the al Qaeda attacks, I thought I'd point you to this article from the New York Metro which tells the story of 16 people who miraculously survived the collapse of the the North Tower in a portion of stairwell B that somehow was remained relatively intact in the midst of the collapse. Their survival and escape is amazingly improbable, but the account of their lives today is still somewhat disturbing. Obviously, these survivors' lives have been indelibly stamped by the events of that day, but to read of the survivor's guilt, nightmares, fear of elevators, uncontrollable weeping, etc. is quite sobering.

I read this morning here that there was another funeral just this past week for a firefighter whose remains were just recently identified. Even more incredible to me, was the report of newly discovered unidentified remains of a victim which were found on a scaffolding a block away from the towers this week -- two years after the attack! The sheer enormity of the attack still blows my mind.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?