Sunday, January 04, 2004

 
OK, I'm a little late on my wassail recipe for Christmas 2003, better late than never, right? If you want to see my wassail recipes from previous years check here (Dec 27th post) and here (Dec. 29th post). Recipes for the Wassail Bowl!. Now straight to this year's recipe...

The Bishop's Wassail

1 Bottle red wine

1Pint/½ litre water

½lb/225g Honey

1 Lemon and orange, thinly sliced

4 Cloves

1 tsp. Cinnamon

Method

Heat the ingredients, stirring constantly, to just below boiling point. Pour into a punch bowl, at this point you can add some spirit and raisins. If you add a generous amount of Brandy, it is possible to set a flame to it as a seasonal spectacle!


As always, for all things wassail...visit THE wassail site.

I wasn't all that crazy about it, but it got pretty good reviews from my family. Happy wassailing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?