Monday, October 24, 2005

 

Happy Birthday Honey!!

CumpleaƱos Feliz, my sweet Sonja! Sorry we can't be together today.

Today my lovely wife celebrates her birthday and we commemorate another event as well. Fourteen years ago today I came from Pittsburgh to West Lafayette, and arranged for a good friend to take her out to eat on her birthday at one of our favorite restaurants, Mountain Jack's. Before ordering, he excused himself to go to the bathroom and I returned in his place bearing roses and completely surprising my wife. After enjoying a nice dinner I took her out to one of our favorite parks, Fort Ouiatenon.



After talking for awhile, I gave her birthday present to her, a delicate and ornate lace handkerchief that had belonged to my grandmother. She thought it was beautiful but seemed a little bewildered at my choice of gifts. So after a moment, I told her to give it to me and I'd show her what it was for. She handed it to me and I unfolded it, placed on the ground, knelt down on one knee, offered her an emerald cut diamond, and asked her if she'd be my wife. After a looooong pause (she was making me sweat!) she said, "Yes," and we were married seven months later.



I'd do it all over again Sweetie. I love you. See you in a few days.

Comments:
Beautiful story, congrats and happy B day!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?