Saturday, November 26, 2005

 

Shyamalan's Lady due in 8 months

I have enjoyed all of M. Night Shyamalan's films (yes, even The Village). They're beautifully shot and he gives good attention to detail. I like the way he tells stories, I enjoy the themes he deals with and even the quirky way he sometimes deals with them. I'm not a "Shyamalan Surprise" fan...aching for a return to the surprise of The Sixth Sense (though it was pretty good). I like his films with or without the surprise.

Well, I've not been keeping up with what his next project was, and this is probably old news to some of you, but he's rolling out a new film in July 2006 called Lady in the Water: A Bedtime Story. Apparently it's based on a bedtime story that he conceived for his children.

Here's one site's synopsis of the film: A building super finds a sea nymph in his apartment building's pool. Now...I know one current super and one ex-super who ought to go see this with me, just for all of the inside super themes, that the average moviegoer would miss ;-)

I really am looking forward to it, so if you want to join me, let me know. We only have about 8 months to plan our Shyamalan outing.

Comments:
I'd love to go see it. I'm sure with my experience I'll be able to appreciate the layers of intertexuality in the movie.

I just The Village for the first time. It was pretty good. Signs is my favorite.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?